Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Spotted Friend

photo 3.jpg by Kim :)2011
photo 3.jpg, a photo by Kim :)2011 on Flickr.
Right after I first took up crocheting again (its been years and years),  a friend of mine asked me if I could make a giraffe for her niece for her birthday.  She said she just loves giraffes and has a whole collection.  I had been doing a few amigurumi items from the few books that I had, so I was getting the hang of going around in circles, counting rows and such.  The problem was that I didn't have a pattern for a giraffe, so I decided to make one up myself.  Well, this is the little guy all finished.  He is truly one of a kind because I didn't write down what I did.  This was my first attempt at making up my own creature.  I did this before I did Mike and Sully from Monster's Inc.  I think he's pretty cute, but, then again I'm biased, all mother's think there babies are cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment